Do I need a lawyer if I am guilty and I want to just get my case over with?

If you are willing to plead guilty you may be able to enter into a "plea bargain" or "plea agreement" with the prosecutor which will expedite your case and result in a less severe punishment, such as probation or paying a fine. Prosecutors rarely enter into a plea agreement with an individual who is not represented by an attorney. An experienced attorney can help negotiate a plea agreement to bring about the best possible outcome for your case.